Monday, July 14, 2014

The Silence

Silently Insane.....That's what my mother said to me once when the kids were running through the house screaming and I sat there like it didn't even phase me. I suspect pharmaceutical companies are just like kids at the end of the school year; jumping up and down yelling,"Whoo Hoo! School is out! Sales are going up!" There is not a doubt in my mind that anxiety medication use probably quadruples by August of every year. I just go to my happy place and ignore the chaos for two months then clean up the aftermath when it's over. This week I have had nine children in my home. Only two were under the age of 11. That means I have dealt with enough teenage drama to last a lifetime. In one week I have been through a break-up, a get together (or two), two girlfriends falling out and making up, two sisters fighting a brutal battle over a pair of shorts, catching two teenagers making out, a sprained knee, two girls on their periods at the same time, a yellow jacket attack (two stings), an escaped rabbit, a misplaced phone, a baby boy dressed in pink, One neighborhood kid who has a Pica problem and likes to eat my laundry detergent, a 2nd degree sunburn, 2 UTI's (One was mine on top of everything.), 7 am, "Mama, I'm hungry", a diaper rash, the loss of the only tube of toothpaste, 2 kids that don't like tomatoes, when I had a 5 gallon bucket of tomatoes that needed to be eaten before they spoiled,  24 rolls of toilet paper, the disappearance of 7 Mike's Hard Lemonades out of my fridge (No question in who took them.), pen marks on my BRAND NEW sofa, a broken Scentsy warmer, not to mention the constant nailing and sawing on the sheet rock that is getting fixed due to a flood that occurred back in February....Whew! Yes, I might be a little silent at times. During those moments I am in a Adirondack chair, lounging on the beach, and sipping a margarita. It is my protest to the pharmaceutical companies. Na Na Na Boo Boo, I win! You aren't getting my money, because it has to be spent on the five sets of uniforms before school starts back next month along with six sets of school supplies. Yes, even Dubbs, the one year old contributes to the silence.  So while I write this, Ariana Grande blares through the house as kids are actually cleaning up their mess from last night. (One has a boyfriend coming over.) It's LOUD in here, but I'm quietly writing in my peaceful bliss of silent insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment